The Medical Advocate Program® (MAP®) assists employees to get more value out of their health care benefits by becoming more educated purchasers of their healthcare benefits. The program offers employees one-on-one personal assistance with medical questions and the most cost-effective alternatives and options, and the highest quality doctors and facilities in the area. All employee information discussed with MAP® Nurse Advocates is strictly confidential.
Employers overwhelmingly say that healthcare is too expensive and too complicated, with employees getting lost in the medical maze. MAP® offers a better alternative at a lower cost. With a phone call to the MAP® Nurse Advocate, we provide the information and assistance required to ensure that employees become better educated about their options, use the most effective physicians and medical facilities available, and get the care they need in the most efficient way possible.
Although individual results will vary, industry trends show that employers will save money when their employees become more educated purchasers of their healthcare benefits. Better and more efficient medical care results in lower cost, fewer complications, better outcomes and faster return to work. Because of the low cost of implementing our program, one case handled more efficiently could easily save an employer the annual cost of MAP® implementation.
MAP® is the most comprehensive medical advocacy program in the country. There is no other program that offers one-on-one medical professional assistance to employees. No other program has available the information contained in our proprietary database on the quality, efficiency or cost of every physician and medical facility in their area. We are the only organization that can offer your employees a combination of professional experience, an extensive working knowledge of the local medical services and costs, an understanding of accepted medical guidelines, with which to make our recommendations and guide your employees.
Yes. We maintain and protect any information we receive according to State and Federal privacy standards. In fact, our program eliminates much of the employer’s liability under HIPAA, because we are assisting the employees instead of the Human Resource Department. Employees will come to us to get the answers to medical questions and problems Human Resource Departments can no longer provide.
Obtaining quality medical care has become increasingly difficult and confusing for employees. Typically, people know more about any other purchase they make than the most important one . . . healthcare. We assist employees to make more efficient and educated decisions about medical care. We answer their questions, help them find and get appointments with the best physicians, and then ensure that treatment plans are being followed for the best outcome. The result is that your employees will waste less and conserve more of their healthcare benefit dollars, get better care with better outcomes, and return to work more quickly with fewer complications.
MAP® covers the employee and his/her immediate family, including the spouse and/or dependents, even though they may be covered under a different benefit program. Anyone in the immediate family may call.
Your employee will want to call MAP®:
- When they have some medical symptoms and would like to talk with someone about what to do.
- When they want to have quality information about any physician or medical facility in their area.
- When they need to see a specialist or have a procedure done in a hospital or outpatient facility.
- When they want to know the total cost and their financial responsibility (surgeon, facility, anesthesiologist, etc) of the procedure.
- When they have medical questions they would like to have answered by one of our medical professionals.
- When they want access to medical information on specific ailments.
- When they want information on alternative treatment options they may want to consider.
- When they want to get a second opinion from another medical provider.
- When they want to discuss questions to ask a physician regarding symptoms and ailments.
- When they want information on organizations, social services and assistance groups availablein the area.
- When they are having trouble getting medical services when they need them.
They can call as often as necessary. We encourage them to call on any health matter. We may call them for follow up to make sure medical treatment is going as planned.
Have a question not listed here? Click here to submit your question.