MAP® Key Advantages
It’s more important now than ever before that employees receive more value from today's healthcare benefits plans. The Medical Advocate Program® (MAP®) takes healthcare to the next level to serve both quality-conscious employees and cost-conscious employers. It's a value-added benefit that can pay for itself in cost savings from just one medical case! Please review the key advantages for both employer and employee and then contact MAP® for more information.
For the Employer
- Human Resources is relieved from being involved with employee medical situations. This is key to avoiding liability from potential HIPAA violations. If an employee speaks with Human Resources or others in the organization about a medical condition and later is dismissed/fired, HIPAA policies could unavoidably involve the employer even though it may be innocent and doesn’t even apply to the reasons for dismissal.
- Employers have peace of mind that their employees have a place to get help. The MAP® works with the employees to direct care so that they receive a higher and more efficient level of care. The result is that employees have fewer complications and setbacks, and ultimately return to work more quickly.
- Employees communicate directly with a MAP® Nurse Advocate, a Registered Nurse, when they are having a problem getting the care they need in a timely fashion. A MAP® Nurse Advocate will obtain the care they need and follow up to make sure they follow through with the treatment.
- Employees view MAP® as an extremely valuable benefit. Most employees are seeking help when they find they are ill and confused about the healthcare system. The medical community is known for not communicating effectively. Employees genuinely appreciate that they have a healthcare professional to obtain answers to their medical questions they would not get any other way.
- Employers will save money when employees become better purchasers of healthcare. Because of the programs low cost, just one case managed more efficiently could easily save the actual cost of the MAP®.
For the Employee
- Employees become more educated. Employees not only receive answers to their questions, but they are also given insight and information on symptoms, treatment plans and options specific to their healthcare needs. MAP® Nurse Advocates also will provide advice on what to ask the doctor prior to an appointment to ensure all their questions are answered and they are fully informed of their condition and their treatment options. MAP® Nurse Advocates will also research and provide information on alternative wellness programs, social services and help organizations available in the community.
- Employees have peace of mind. Obtaining healthcare is both confusing and scary for most employees. Having a healthcare profession they can speak with confidentially about their concerns substantially eases the employee’s fears associated with their episode of care.
- Employees receive quality data and relevant information. Our proprietary database includes quality indicators and identifiers on every physician, outpatient facility and hospital in their area. MAP® Nurse Advocates will provide options of specific network physicians, as well as facilities that rate among the best based on number of procedures performed combined with the lowest complication rate and lowest co-morbidity rate in their specific area. The ongoing commitment is to provide the employee with the best care at the best price.
- Employees receive better care. The advocate will work with them to make sure they get in, get what they need and follow the prescribed treatment pattern. Employees will not get lost, ignored or forgotten in the medical maze.
- Employees will save money. When employees understand the cost alternatives they will make the right decision that will save them money. Making an informed decision will usually result in savings.